Sunday, June 5, 2011

'Twas the night before E3

As part of Sony's big apology to us, the loyal consumer, they are giving away free games on the PSN!  In case you hadn't heard, you can select 2 out of a choice of 5 different games that will download directly on to your PS3.

The games are:
Super Stardust HD
Wipeout HD
inFamous
Little Big Planet
Dead Nation


Out of these games, I already owned and beat inFamous, which was awesome - and I await the sequel on tuesday -, I picked up Super Stardust HD as my first game and have yet to pick up a second.  How can I even think of picking a second yet when Super Stardust HD seems to consume my free time in it's entirety?


Think Asteroids if it was made today with todays graphics and full, glorious 1080p resolution.  I'm stuck on level 4 right now out of 5.  I'd love to finish this article but I have planets to save!


If your PSN account was made before April 20th, 2011 you are entitled to this reward package among others, including 30 free days of PS+, a free dynamic theme (which is pretty cool), and also two PSP games if you own a PSP as well.

My recommendations? Super Stardust HD and inFamous if you haven't played them yet, otherwise Wipeout and Dead Nation, a pretty nifty zombie survival game, are great choices as well.

The PSP Game choices are:
Killzone Liberation
ModNation Racers
Little Big Planet
Pursuit Force


For PSP I can only recommend Killzone Liberation and ModNation Racers. Everything else is about as meh as being a PSP game would suggest it would be, although if you enjoyed Little Big Planet on the PS3 you'll probably enjoy it more as a portable title.

No comments:

Post a Comment