Saturday, January 5, 2013

There is a Wha? Since When?


I cannot say for certain, but I feel as if I have been asleep for a decade and awoke to some unsettling news.  I guess I should not be as surprised as I am to discover that there is a 3rd game in the Final Fantasy XIII series that ISN'T FFXIIIVersus.  But...why?  I had heard nothing of this title (not that i was looking very deep into the information) and yet even now knowing that there is an impending conclusion to the FFXIII trilogy, I still cannot possibly imagine them finishing the game before Versus.  I mean, I want that god damned game way more than I want to see what happens to Lightning.  I get it, Lightning is hot, and probably the only damn reason half of the players stuck it out in FFXIII in the first place...and probably the same reason those people didn't stick it out for FFXIII-2.  But just because she is the focus on this title doesn't mean that it'll be any better.  But then...what will this game be like anyway?  All I have to go off of for now is this trailer.


Okay, let's establish what we know.  Lightning looks like some sort of super heroine and she is free-running around a strange looking city.  She is fighting alone, and no mention of any other characters from either game have been said.  It is clearly Hope's voice actor narrating part of the trailer, and that is unlikely a coincidence but ultimately there is very little to go off of.  I do not know what to expect of this title, but I have to try to look at it based on the previous titles and how much of a departure from that this game appears to be on the surface.  I did NOT like FFXIII, and my views of its sequel are pretty much clear in the review of it I did much earlier on.  I quite liked FFXIII-2, but I don't know if I would be up for another play through of the same game with different character skins on it ya know?  Hell I almost just want to not play the title based solely on grudge of not having FFXIII Versus yet.  Well no matter how I slice the fucking thing, all that is clear is that I definitely didn't see this one coming, the concept seems a much farther reach from the technopunk feel of the first trailers of FFXIII.  All we can really do is wait and see what other information comes trickling down to us peons as the release draws closer.  You can be sure I'll be keeping my judgmental eyes on this one...waiting...hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment