Friday, May 10, 2013

Excersizing Injustice Without Prejudice

Its closing in on the month mark for the initial release of Injustice Gods Among Us and my Dick (Grayson) is getting it done.  I've been having some serious fun experimenting and fine tuning my tricks for online play.  It isn't all that often that I have fun with a fighting game in the manner that this game provides.  Not only do I get to put punks online down, I get to do it with my Dick.  There are tons of fighting games out there, but only a select few get to be considered competitive. I think Injustice has it where it counts, and since NetherRealms promises to keep fine tuning the game as each DLC character is released (link to the most recent patch notes), I think we can see the evolution of another contender in the tournament scene. I love SSF4AE2012, but after 4 or so years of it, I like to see a fresh game get hyped up.  Especially after the disappointing showing of SFxTK amongst the community.


Injustice doesn't play like any other game I am used to at the moment.  A lot of people compare it to MK but I never played MK so I basically have no frame of reference.  Besides the obvious visual similarities I'm sure they play similarly, but Injustice definitely branches out into new territory.  When you compare it to a fighting game like SF4, there are staggering differences that make learning the game a "from the bottom, up" experience.  Its a nice change of pace not to be already good at a game based on fundamentals.  No linking, tight and awkward cancel windows, almost 0 leeway on jump ins, trait cancels, interactive environments, and chip damage from normals make the two games almost night and day when you break them down.  Even still, I believe Injustice has created a truly capable competitor.  And with the novelty of DC super heroes in a game that doesn't completely blow, it definitely will have a shot at tourney coverage.  Lobo has finally been released, I have my disagreements with Lobo as a character in the game, he's a great "character", but his moves feel clunky and limited (aside from standing heavy, that looks pretty excellent).  Here is a taste of what he can do.


Self indulgence and loathing for Lobo aside, Batgirl has been revealed as the next one in line to enter the fray.   From what we can see from Batgirl in her trailer, she looks to be fun, a lot of air moves, teleports, lynching, and a fun SF4 Sakura style finish to her super definitely make her a character of interest for me.  Maybe when I get around to it, I'll put up some footage of my Nightwing in action, maybe some combos or set ups.  Until then, keep fighting the good fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment