Monday, July 2, 2012

The EVO of years past

Remember back in 2004 when Daigo did the full parry on Justin's Chun Li super art 2 for the match win?  It was super hyped because of how clutch it was during such a tense match. 


Since then EVO has never disappointed in delivering quality matches between the best players around the world.  This year's EVO looks to be ridiculous.  $25K for SSF4AE 2012, $23K for MK9, $15K for Umvc3 and Virtua Fighter 5, $11K for KOFXIII, the money at stake at this event is ridiculous, and it is sure to draw a crowd.
 

EVO 2012 looks promising to deliver some seriously entertaining matches.  I, and to my dismay, am not able to attend this year due to financial reasons.  But I can't wait to get my chance to watch via live stream all day long fri-sun.  You'll be able to tune in as well via twitch.tv and/or other stream venues.  There is an HD stream option that is pay to view (details below).  But all of the proceeds go toward gaming scholarship funds.  Consider it if you want to see the latest action in blisteringly vivid HD while being socially responsible.  It's the least you can do to excuse yourself for sitting on your ass watching at home right?

I can't wait to get my chance to go next year.  I'm sure I can feel it now, bathing in the hot lights and massive body temperature indexes.  It'll feel like an anime convention but even nerdier.  Still, in my anticipation for the event this weekend.  I decided to revisit EVO moment #37 in a video about how to parry chun-li's super art 2.  It's just something I wanted to throw together because I was bored and I have literally nothing but free time on my hands. Enjoy:


Crispy Links:


No comments:

Post a Comment