Tuesday, July 24, 2012

What Awaits Us?


Do you guys see the article last week on FFXIII-V? The rumor mill was churning out copious amounts of NO for the future release of Final Fantasy XIII Versus. This was concerning to me to say the least since I sat through that unrelenting shitstorm that was FFXIII and it's sequel with open arms in anticipation for this follow up title. It was first revealed as a sister title to the original FFXIII. So you can imagine the surprise I had when I was told it was canceled. I mean I can understand that there might be some money issues when we look at the smashing success of FFXIV. God that game was a piece of shit. Well worry not, the rumors were just that as it were. 

 

According to Yochi Wada, president of Square Enix, via the all-mighty twitter the game is still alive and in full swing with news on the way:

Translated: @Yoichiw ”I hear there’s a rumor that Final Fantasy Versus XIII has been canceled (laugh). I just got out of our regular meeting. You’d be blown away by the city shown in today’s presentation.”

It wouldn't have been surprising if the cancellation turned out to be true, since the game has been in development for the better part of a decade and we have no news. But according to the press, we are due for an official statement concerning the game sometime in September.

So even though there is nothing to new to say as far as the game goes, we can all sleep a little easier knowing that it was not forsaken.

Well enough of that crap...time for a story. So I decided to purchase Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES off the PSN for $10 because I'm super hyped for the P4: Arena coming out in 2 weeks. I've been playing the crap out of it and I still feel so far away from finishing it. But either way, I decided to go to the local bookstore with a friend two days ago. We weren't going for any particular reason, just killing time in the world of over priced stories and pretentious douches. While looking about I found a shin megami tensei manga called KAHN. I gave it a flick through, seemed pretty standard fair for a SMT story, but it still looked interesting none-the-less. I'm not going into detail about the manga itself, it was just the segue I used because of the subject matter. While I was waiting for my friend to check out with her copy of "Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway," by Susan Jeffers, I saw the magazine rack. Nothing particularly out of place, only an incredibly large black man (both tall and wide) standing in front of it. Normally I wouldn't take much notice to this. However, he was holding a Men's Fitness magazine. Once again I didn't jump to conclusions. Perhaps he was just trying to gain knowledge on healthier living, though the man in a speedo on the cover disturbed me. It was probably some swimmer fuck promoting the upcoming Olympic games or whatever. As I stood there I couldn't help but overhear him whispering in a low, gentile, and oh so sensual tone, "Oh yeah, daddy loves it when you swim." This was a cause for concern. I immediately began to power walk in the opposite direction. That was an incredibly disturbing experience. I hope to god that he was just searching for his car keys in his front pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment